Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a topic that receives a lot of attention in the media and in those ever popular television commercials. However, it is a very sensitive topic for most men to discuss, even with their partners.
Our physicians at Carolina Urology Partners are not only uniquely trained to evaluate and manage ED, but they are understanding and sensitive about listening and talking about this condition.
Causes of ED
ED can be linked to:
- Hypertension /high blood pressure
- Hypercholesterolemia/high cholesterol
- Low testosterone/hypogonadism
- Pelvic surgery, such as prostatectomy or rectal surgery
Your doctor may recommend treating your ED with:
- Oral medications
- Lifestyle modifications, such as reductions in stress or talking to a professional
- Penile injection therapy
- Intrauretheral suppository therapy
- Vacuum erection device
- Penile implant